Odwalla Gets Hearts PumpingHalf Moon Bay, Calif.-based Odwalla, a natural health beverage company, introduces Heart Health Superfood, a berrylicious new smoothie blend that contains 0.4g of plant sterols per 8-oz serving. The plant sterols - naturally sourced plant extracts - may help to reduce cholesterol and support cardiovascular health when you drink two 8-fl oz servings per day with meals as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. So Heart Health is as good for your health as it is for your soul.
A good source of vitamin C and potassium, this heart-y smoothie brims with a mix of refreshing juices and purées: apple, peach, banana and strawberry. Then Odwalla adds a touch of tasty purple boysenberry puree and Concord grape juice.
"With its great berry taste, this new Superfood smoothie is so delicious that you might not realize that it's good for you," says Jason Dolenga, brand manager. "But your heart will know."
Suggested retail price for a recyclable 450-ml bottle is $3.29.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »