Odwalla Gets Hearts PumpingHalf Moon Bay, Calif.-based Odwalla, a natural health beverage company, introduces Heart Health Superfood, a berrylicious new smoothie blend that contains 0.4g of plant sterols per 8-oz serving. The plant sterols - naturally sourced plant extracts - may help to reduce cholesterol and support cardiovascular health when you drink two 8-fl oz servings per day with meals as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. So Heart Health is as good for your health as it is for your soul.
A good source of vitamin C and potassium, this heart-y smoothie brims with a mix of refreshing juices and purées: apple, peach, banana and strawberry. Then Odwalla adds a touch of tasty purple boysenberry puree and Concord grape juice.
"With its great berry taste, this new Superfood smoothie is so delicious that you might not realize that it's good for you," says Jason Dolenga, brand manager. "But your heart will know."
Suggested retail price for a recyclable 450-ml bottle is $3.29.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »