Vintage Bourbon Hits ShelvesLouisville, Ky.-based-Brown Forman Corp. releases the 2010 edition of its Old Forester Birthday Bourbon in honor of George Garvin Brown, founder of the company and Old Forester, America's First Bottled Bourbon. Old Forester Birthday Bourbon is a limited-edition, historically award-winning bourbon which is released annually.
"This year's vintage release of Old Forester is crafted from a 72 barrel batch that was put into barrels on October 24, 1997," says Chris Morris, Brown-Forman master distiller. "These barrels were evenly matured together in the very middle of Warehouse K, on the 5th floor in ricks 42, 43 and 45, surrounded by open space. This environment allowed the barrels to easily breathe during maturation and develop a rich fruit and spice character."
Unlike the standard Old Forester, which is a batch of whisky from several different years, Birthday Bourbon is a vintage-dated bourbon, hand-selected by Morris from one specific day of production. The result is a one-of-a-kind character and flavor that will never be replicated again. Its unique decanter style glass bottle is a throwback to the late 1800s when Old Forester was first produced. In fact, Old Forester is the only bourbon still in existence today that was produced before, during and after Prohibition by its original distiller. No other bourbon brand sold in the U.S. today can make that claim.
Suggested retail price for the 12-year-old 95-proof bourbon is $49.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »