Vintage Bourbon Hits ShelvesLouisville, Ky.-based-Brown Forman Corp. releases the 2010 edition of its Old Forester Birthday Bourbon in honor of George Garvin Brown, founder of the company and Old Forester, America's First Bottled Bourbon. Old Forester Birthday Bourbon is a limited-edition, historically award-winning bourbon which is released annually.
"This year's vintage release of Old Forester is crafted from a 72 barrel batch that was put into barrels on October 24, 1997," says Chris Morris, Brown-Forman master distiller. "These barrels were evenly matured together in the very middle of Warehouse K, on the 5th floor in ricks 42, 43 and 45, surrounded by open space. This environment allowed the barrels to easily breathe during maturation and develop a rich fruit and spice character."
Unlike the standard Old Forester, which is a batch of whisky from several different years, Birthday Bourbon is a vintage-dated bourbon, hand-selected by Morris from one specific day of production. The result is a one-of-a-kind character and flavor that will never be replicated again. Its unique decanter style glass bottle is a throwback to the late 1800s when Old Forester was first produced. In fact, Old Forester is the only bourbon still in existence today that was produced before, during and after Prohibition by its original distiller. No other bourbon brand sold in the U.S. today can make that claim.
Suggested retail price for the 12-year-old 95-proof bourbon is $49.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »