Sanitary Lump Breaker Has Side Removal Screens
A new Sanitary Lump Breaker from Munson Machinery features side removal bed screens for rapid, thorough wash down. The all-stainless, low profile unit, Model RDC1515-SS, reduces agglomerates and friable materials being discharged from process equipment, storage vessels and shipping containers.
Material entering the 15 in. (381 mm) square inlet is reduced in size by dual rotors with three-point, single-piece, stainless steel breaking heads rotating with minimum clearance inside a curved, perforated bedscreen.
On-size material exits through apertures in twin bedscreens ranging from 1/32 to 2-1/2 in. (25 to 64 mm) in diameter. Powered by a 3 HP (2.24 kw) motor with gear reducer and serpentine timing drive, the synchronized shafts rotate at approximately 100 RPM to avoid heating the product.
At 11 in. (279 mm) high, the unit is designed to fit in restricted spaces between bulk storage, handling, processing and packaging equipment. With optional feed hoppers and support structures, it can also operate independently.
The unit is recommended for deagglomeration of free- or non-free-flowing bulk materials such as salt, sugar, spices and resins, and size reduction of easy-to-break materials such as friable food products, and other compacted powders.
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »