No 'Fishy Fingers' with Vegetarian Omega-3LycoRed launched Lyc-O-Mega 10 AL, a new vegetarian Omega-3. This ingredient is free from fish odor, and produced from the high quality DHA algae oil, making it especially suitable for vegetarians.
LycoRed 's Lyc-O-mega 10AL is designed especially for the bakery and confectionary industries. Trials have been conducted successfully in chocolates, crackers and bread that were fortified with Lyc-O-Mega 10AL. The chocolate tablet (5g), for example, contains 5mg of DHA, which is 1/3 of the recommended daily consumption, without affecting its taste profile. LycoRed's microencapsulation technology enables fortification of baked goods which traditionally could be fortified with Omega-3.
This vegetarian form of Omega-3, unlike fish oil, has the advantage of being both sustainable and suitable for vegetarians and also for children who are more sensitive to taste.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »