Marie Callender Bakes Up Comfort Food
Dinner is a growing meal occasion for frozen foods -- frozen items appeared on the dinner table 17 percent of the time in 2009 vs. 13 percent in 1994, according to NPD. Further, 55 percent of evening meals are eaten by one to two person households.
With that in mind, ConAgra Foods, Omaha, Neb., introduces Marie Callender's Bakes, a line of multi-serve, home-style baked microwavable meals that add a contemporary twist on comfort food. The new microwavable tray allows for even heating to prevent undercooking, burnt edges or cold spots.
Varieties include: Creamy Chicken Alfredo with Sun-Dried Tomatoes; Vermont White Cheddar Mac & Cheese; Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna; Southwestern Style Chipotle Chicken Bake; and Scalloped Potatoes & Ham in a Creamy Cheese Sauce.
"Marie Callender's new home-style, baked, multi-serve meals add new twists to familiar recipes," says Jenn Freeman, brand director, ConAgra Foods. "We're taking classic dishes like chicken alfredo and added Marie's creative touch [to create] recipes like Creamy Chicken Alfredo With Sundried Tomatoes. These are dishes with the familiarity of traditional recipes and a little something extra to change things up and make it more exciting."
Suggested retail price is $5.69-5.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »