Blue Agave Vitaminwater Makes for Strong Bones
Lifestyle Brands, a Whitestone, N.Y.-based unit of Coca-Cola North America, rolls out Vitaminwater stur-D (a blue agave-passion fruit-citrus flavored blend), which claims to be the first enhanced water and juice beverage to include vitamin D and calcium, which help support strong bones, and vitamin C to its line of enhanced-hydration options. Vitaminwater stur-D is also the first nationally available enhanced water and juice beverage with a blue color that's derived solely from fruit.
Each 8-oz. serving contains 10 percent of the daily value (DV) for vitamin D and calcium, nutrients that help support strong bones, and 120 percent of the DV for vitamin C, which helps the body make collagen (among other things), which is needed to support joints. Additionally, each serving contains 40 percent of the DV of four essential B vitamins (B3, B5, B6, ad B12).
"This has truly been an exciting year for the Vitaminwater trademark – from the successful launch of Vitaminwater zero to a breakthrough like Vitaminwater stur-D," says Matt Kahn, senior vice president of brand marketing. "These are true testaments to Vitaminwater's commitment to meeting consumers' needs and ever-evolving lifestyles."
Suggested retail price is $1.49.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »