Blue Agave Vitaminwater Makes for Strong Bones
Lifestyle Brands, a Whitestone, N.Y.-based unit of Coca-Cola North America, rolls out Vitaminwater stur-D (a blue agave-passion fruit-citrus flavored blend), which claims to be the first enhanced water and juice beverage to include vitamin D and calcium, which help support strong bones, and vitamin C to its line of enhanced-hydration options. Vitaminwater stur-D is also the first nationally available enhanced water and juice beverage with a blue color that's derived solely from fruit.
Each 8-oz. serving contains 10 percent of the daily value (DV) for vitamin D and calcium, nutrients that help support strong bones, and 120 percent of the DV for vitamin C, which helps the body make collagen (among other things), which is needed to support joints. Additionally, each serving contains 40 percent of the DV of four essential B vitamins (B3, B5, B6, ad B12).
"This has truly been an exciting year for the Vitaminwater trademark – from the successful launch of Vitaminwater zero to a breakthrough like Vitaminwater stur-D," says Matt Kahn, senior vice president of brand marketing. "These are true testaments to Vitaminwater's commitment to meeting consumers' needs and ever-evolving lifestyles."
Suggested retail price is $1.49.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »