Defect Removal System Offers Distinctive Handling for Potato ProcessingUnlike other potato processors that use optical sorters to remove defects on their primary lines, Turkish processor Konya Seker relies on an ADR 5 Automatic Defect Removal System from Key Technology. This new application, called the ADR First solution, maximizes product quality and increases yields at Konya Seker.
The ADR 5 identifies the same kinds of defects on potato strips as many optical sorters but the removal of these defects are handled differently. Sorters remove the entire strip that has a defect while ADR cuts the defect from the strip and removes only the defect. Compared to lines with only a sorter, ADR First achieves the same defect removal rate while reducing by-product yield loss by 75 to 80 percent.
The ADR First solution includes a dewatering shaker, sliver sizer remover (SSR), nubbin grader, Iso-Flo infeed shaker, ADR 5, a second nubbin grader, and pump tank. This line produces peeled and peel-on straight cuts and crinkle cuts from 7 to 18 mm in size.
The ADR 5 features high-resolution Vis/IR (visible infrared) cameras, a special belt conveyor, a rotary cutter, and Iso-Flo vibratory conveyors that align, singulate, inspect, and trim potato strips at production rates of up to 9.5 metric tons (20,900 lbs) per hour.
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »