Van Drunen Farms Offers Freeze-Dried Blueberry Ingredients
Freeze-Dried Blueberry Ingredients, available from Van Drunen Farms, are a small, sweet and tangy fruit that offers great taste and nutrition to consumers.
This tasty berry is grown in North America with a growing season ranging from April to September. However, Freeze-dried blueberries from Van Drunen Farms -- a processor of dried fruits for the food industry -- are an excellent way to enjoy this delicious fruit anytime of the year.
Freeze-dried blueberry ingredients from Van Drunen Farms are 100% natural. During freeze-drying, the cell structure of the berries remains intact preserving the nutritional value, color, flavor and piece identity of the product. Just a brief soaking in water brings them back to nearly their original shape, ready to use just like fresh berries.
Freeze-dried Blueberries from VDF are available in whole, sliced, diced and powder form; wild and cultivated varieties; and certified organic and kosher. As for applications, conveniently add blueberry ingredients to granola, breakfast cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix, muffins, bagels, scones, confections, cookies, energy bars, snack foods, nutritional supplements, tea, drink mixes or even pet food.
Blueberries are naturally full of flavor and nutrients, while being low in calories, and they have long been thought of as America's #1 source of antioxidants. In fact, they contain more antioxidants than most other fruits and vegetables. Blueberries are also a wonderful source of vitamin C. One serving contains about 14 mg, or almost 25% of the daily requirement for vitamin C. While promoting a healthy immune system, blueberries also contain vitamin A, zinc, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium and anthocyanins. Even more, blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber.
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- PureCircle unveils high-purity Reb D
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »