Pom-Wonderful Introduces Ready-To-Eat Pomegranate Arils
For consumers who love the taste and versatility of fresh pomegranate arils (those fleshy red pockets of flavor that contain seeds), but hate the hassle of collecting them from the fruit, Los Angeles-based Pom Wonderful introduces Pom Wonderful Fresh Pomegranate Arils, convenient, ready-to-eat servings available through January in the cut-fruit section of most grocery stores.
With their surprisingly sweet-tart taste, ruby-red Fresh Pomegranate Arils offer a culinary versatility that can add sweet overtones to a savory entree or zest to a holiday dessert. They can be enjoyed on their own as a crunchy, healthy snack or added to tossed salads, yogurt, cereals and cocktails. Each package of ready-to-eat arils is an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber and a good source of potassium and polyphenol antioxidants, which help neutralize free radicals.
"Let's face it, extracting the edible arils from a pomegranate can be inconvenient and time-consuming for many fans of the fruit," says Matt Tupper, president of Pom Wonderful. "Our new ready-to-eat product eliminates that prep work, making enjoying pomegranates easier than ever."
While bottled pomegranate juice has gained tremendous popularity in recent years, many consumers are unsure how to open or use the fresh fruit. Tupper said he believes the new ready-to-eat, 6-oz. packages will encourage these shoppers to sample pomegranates for the first time — and quite possibly become enthusiasts for life.
"Pomegranate aficionados all over the globe look forward to the fruit's harvest season, which begins in October," adds Tupper. "We'd like to broaden that anticipation by introducing the fruit to a whole new market."
Suggested retail price is $4.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »