Auntie Anne's Encourages Hands-On Pretzel Making At HomeThere’s no doubt the Food Network has inspired children to want to learn how to cook. Lancaster, Pa.-based Auntie Anne's, the world’s largest hand-rolled pretzel chain, introduces its At-Home Baking Kit, and it’s a grand way for mom and the kids to have hands-on fun in the kitchen on a cold winter day.
The easy-to-prepare kit comes with step-by-step instructions to make 10 Original or Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, 15 Pretzel Dogs, or one deep-dish pizza. Key ingredients in the kit are a yeast packet, special at-home baking Auntie Anne’s dough mix, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon sugar. Since the dough mix is versatile, a recipe for making a deep dish pizza is included on the kit packaging and other recipes for dishes such as stuffing, cinnamon pull apart bread (monkey bread), and bread pudding can be found by visiting www.auntieannesrecipes.com
Kids will surely enjoy participating in the art of pretzel making and creatively experimenting with the pretzel dough through shapes, letters, and numbers. And although it is an activity kids enjoy, I must confess, I enjoyed making pretzels with my grandson (and eating them) as well. The kit also provides an easy to wrap gift for a child’s birthday party. A video demonstrating how to make pretzels and other recipes can be viewed on Auntie Anne’s Pretzel channel on You Tube.
Suggested retail price is $5.99 to $7.99.
Michele Perella, a trainer at Auntie Anne's Pretzel University, demonstrates the many uses for the Auntie Anne's At-Home Baking Kit.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »