Nathan's Famous Sausage Now Made With Angus Beef
There has been a surge in the number of meat products launched containing Angus beef, according to AC Nielsen (52-week period ending 6/12/10), and the hot dog category alone nearly doubled between the summers of 2009 and 2010.
Hampton, Va.-based Specialty Foods Group Inc. (SFG), under license from Nathan's Famous Systems Inc., launches Nathan's Loop Sausage, made with Angus beef. It is available in two varieties: Beef Smoked Sausage, made with 100% Angus beef (14-oz), and 16-oz Beef & Pork Polska Kielbasa (the beef portion is Angus).
"Consumers are embracing products made with Angus beef," says Janet Sweeney, director of marketing for Specialty Foods Group. "Nathan's quality and Angus beef is a winning combination."
Suggested retail price is $3.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »