Spirax Sarco Redesigns Float and Thermostatic TrapSpirax Sarco released its ½-inch FTS – 150 and FTS - 300 float and thermostatic steam trap series. This product has been redesigned to replace the OK series from a mixed material trap with a forged steel cover and stainless body to an all stainless steel material. The new design has opened new markets and now can be used in the food and beverage industries where stainless steel is required. This trap series does not rust like cast iron or cast steel trap models and is corrosion resistant.
With its single seated mechanism, all models of the FTS series are full modulating with 100% turn down ratio on both pressure and flow. The series also has a tight shut-off on no load, resulting instantaneous response to condensate load changes. The trap operates at saturated steam temperatures with no back up of condensate into the inlet piping. All thermostatic air vents are able to operate up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit and remove air rapidly on start up making it water hammer resistant and capable of withstanding superheat. This series operates with no functional steam loss and does not require a water seal or prime to close.
The standard offering includes two operating ranges 0 to 150 psig and 0 to 300 psig. All piping connections shall be NPT or SW. The FTS stainless steel series traps are available in ½-inch NPT pipe connections, which are direct inline on the vertical model. The direction shall be right – to – left when looking at front cover on the horizontal trap and in the top and out the bottom on the vertical pattern trap. Internals are all stainless steel construction.
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »