Ross Introduces Dual Mixing System
Charles Ross & Son Company introduced a new mixing and dispersion system.
The two mixers are mounted on a common base and connected with piping to allow continuous circulation of materials until the desired dispersion is achieved. A built in control panel permits fine control of all agitator speeds, amperage and run times. Software is available to insure that the desired results are achieved repeatedly, batch after batch.
The PowerMix includes two Hi-Viscosity Planetary stirrers, two High Speed Dispersers and a scraper to wipe the sides of the vessel. The variable speed (11-110 rpm) planetary blades are driven by a 1-1/2 HP motor and the variable speed (900-9000 rpm) high speed dispersers by a 3 HP motor. The separate high shear rotor-stator mixer is driven by a 1 HP variable speed motor, for operation up to 10,000 rpm.
All wetted parts of the system are constructed of 304-stainless steel and finished to a 320 grit finish to allow for easy cleanup between batches. The system is built for vacuum operation to 29.5" Hg and includes a vacuum pump. The mix vessel is jacketed for 50 Psig and includes a thermocouple to monitor batch temperature. A convenient discharge valve is also provided to discharge the materials on completion of the batch. Additional sizes are available from this 2-gallon design to 750-gallon production sizes.
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »