Pirate's Booty Lets Consumers Be Socially Responsible Without "Snackrificing" TasteSea Cliff, N.Y.-based Pirate Brands adds Pirate's Booty Chocolate made with Fair Trade Certified ingredients to its line of all-natural snacks. With the launch, snackers with a sweet tooth can now indulge without the guilt. Pirate's Booty Chocolate is a baked, all-natural snack that's trans-fat and gluten-free. It contains half the calories and 40-percent less fat than the leading chocolate candy bar brand, so there's no need to "snackrifice" taste for health when a chocolate craving comes on.
The rice and corn puffs are blended with Fair Trade Certified Peruvian cocoa and Madagascar vanilla, which offers a "sweet story" for healthy minded, socially conscious chocoholics, supporting a better way of life for farming families through fair prices, fair labor conditions, direct trade, community development and environmental stewardship.
"As a company, we are always looking at ways we can help support the global community, in which we do business," says Eric Berniker, VP of marketing. "Now, with Pirate's Booty Chocolate made with Fair Trade ingredients, families and kids are not only getting a healthier snacking option, but they are also giving back by supporting farming families' across the globe."
Available at Whole Foods Market locations across the country in 4 oz bags, suggested retail price is $2.99.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »