Good Things Do Come In Small Packages: Reese's Minis
In one of the most unexpected launches at the recent Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Reese's Minis from Hershey, Pa.-based Hershey Co. took the show by storm. Billed as the "Next Big, Little Thing," Reese's Minis are making history as the smallest Reese's Peanut Butter Cups ever -- and the first snacking candy to be introduced at CES.
Reese's Minis are approximately the size of a dime and feature the same delicious taste of traditional Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in a smaller, unwrapped version that permits consumers to easily enjoy the treat anytime, anywhere.
"Techies at CES seek out cool innovations like mini-tuners, mini-cams, nano-mice, mini-keyboards and gotta-have gadgets so small you could fit a fistful in your pocket," says Anna Lingeris, spokesperson for the Reese's brand. "So who says that the next big mini innovation can't come from a candy company? Reese's Minis reflect the best in creative product innovation and ‘on-the-go' interfacing with user taste buds. And they solve an important issue for techies, too – their size and unwrapped state makes them ergonomically perfect for one-handed Internet surfing or tapping out a text message."
A giant, orange 10-by-20 ft. Reese's box was opened during the first day of the show by tech personality and self-described "geek, Internet entrepreneur and technology enthusiast" Chris Pirillo of Lockergnome, and Jim St. John, vice president of research & development at Hershey Co. to reveal the new Reese's Minis, appearing in the spotlight on a glass pedestal.
Suggested retail price for an 8-oz., re-sealable, standup pouch is $3.39, and a king-size 2.5-oz. pack is $1.39.
Website: www.reeses.com, www.hersheys.com
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »