R.W. Knudsen Light Juices Available in Superfruit Varieties
Celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, R.W. Knudsen Family, Chico, Calif., launches R.W. Knudsen Light! Juices. With fewer calories but all the flavor intact, Light! Juices contain all natural ingredients, are sweetened with stevia and do not contain any added sugar.
Available in three superfruit varieties-- Cranberry, Blueberry and Pomegranate, the juices provide health-conscious consumers an option for an antioxidant-rich juice with 45 percent fewer calories than other superfruit blends.
Light! Juices are sweetened with Cargill's Truvia, a zero-calorie sweetener derived from rebiana, an extract made from the sweet components of the stevia leaf. It offers a clean, sweet taste for food and beverage partners looking to produce zero-calorie or lower-calorie products.
"With the increased attention paid to how many calories are consumed each day through liquids alone, Truvia rebiana provides a great tasting, natural, zero-calorie sweetener option without compromising on flavor," says Zanna McFerson, assistant vice president at Cargill Health & Nutrition and business director for the Truvia enterprise.
Light! Juices can be enjoyed straight up, but also lend themselves to a variety of creative creations. Why not blend Blueberry with yogurt and fruit for a breakfast smoothie; use Pomegranate in place of vinegar for a light and flavorful salad dressing; or mix Cranberry with a splash of sparkling water and a wedge of lime for a pre-dinner beverage.
Suggested retail price for a 32-oz bottle is $2.99-3.49.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »