Nature's Pride Hearty Wheat Bread With Flax Provides Good Source of Omega 3-ALA
Nature's Pride, part of Irving, Texas-based Hostess Brands, introduces Nature's Pride Hearty Wheat with Flax bread, the first 100 percent natural bread available across the country to be baked using pure olive oil and the first in the Nature's Pride line to provide a good source of omega 3-ALA, which comes from flax seed.
The bread also is a good source of fiber and provides 22g of whole grains per slice. And, it is baked using only all natural ingredients, has no artificial flavors or colors, no trans fats, no artificial preservatives and contains no high-fructose corn syrup.
"Nature's Pride Hearty Wheat with Flax is the latest introduction to our award-winning portfolio of natural breads," says Laura Pitlik, director of marketing. "In addition to delivering the perfect balance of great taste and nutrition consumers can always expect from Nature's Pride, this new variety is the first to be baked using pure olive oil and the first to provide a good source of omega 3-ALA - making it an ideal addition to our tasty, wholesome assortment."
Pitlik also cited the results of a recent study by The Hartman Group indicating that Gen-Xers are increasing their consumption of fiber (74 percent), whole grains (63 percent), olive oil (58 percent) and omega 3-ALA (53 percent). Baby boomers are experiencing a similar trend and increasing fiber (74 percent), whole grains (64 percent), olive oil (66 percent) and omega 3-ALA (59 percent).
"Nature's Pride continues to address the needs of baby boomer and Gen-X consumers who are seeking to increase their consumption of ingredients such as fiber, olive oil and omega-3 that provide nutritional benefits," she adds.
Suggested retail price is $3.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ