Nature's Pride Hearty Wheat Bread With Flax Provides Good Source of Omega 3-ALA
Nature's Pride, part of Irving, Texas-based Hostess Brands, introduces Nature's Pride Hearty Wheat with Flax bread, the first 100 percent natural bread available across the country to be baked using pure olive oil and the first in the Nature's Pride line to provide a good source of omega 3-ALA, which comes from flax seed.
The bread also is a good source of fiber and provides 22g of whole grains per slice. And, it is baked using only all natural ingredients, has no artificial flavors or colors, no trans fats, no artificial preservatives and contains no high-fructose corn syrup.
"Nature's Pride Hearty Wheat with Flax is the latest introduction to our award-winning portfolio of natural breads," says Laura Pitlik, director of marketing. "In addition to delivering the perfect balance of great taste and nutrition consumers can always expect from Nature's Pride, this new variety is the first to be baked using pure olive oil and the first to provide a good source of omega 3-ALA - making it an ideal addition to our tasty, wholesome assortment."
Pitlik also cited the results of a recent study by The Hartman Group indicating that Gen-Xers are increasing their consumption of fiber (74 percent), whole grains (63 percent), olive oil (58 percent) and omega 3-ALA (53 percent). Baby boomers are experiencing a similar trend and increasing fiber (74 percent), whole grains (64 percent), olive oil (66 percent) and omega 3-ALA (59 percent).
"Nature's Pride continues to address the needs of baby boomer and Gen-X consumers who are seeking to increase their consumption of ingredients such as fiber, olive oil and omega-3 that provide nutritional benefits," she adds.
Suggested retail price is $3.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ