Newman's Own Lets The Pizza Speak For Itself
In the 12 weeks ending October 2010, according to Symphony IRI, thin crust pizza was the most popular type of frozen pizza. Responding to consumer demand for more choices, Westport, Conn.-based Newman's Own Inc. introduces three new additions to the popular and successful Newman's Own Thin & Crispy Crust frozen pizza line. They include White, Roasted Vegetable, and Sausage, bringing the total to eight varieties -- Four Cheese: Supreme; Margherita; Uncured Pepperoni; Roasted Garlic & Chicken; White; Roasted Vegetable and Italian Sausage.
A new, lighthearted ad campaign, "Let the Food Speak for Itself," conveying product confidence, accompanies the pizza expansion and changes in each ad, depending on the featured Newman's Own product, from pizza to salad dressings.
"Tastings of our new pizza products with the team are especially popular events here at Newman's Own – the samples disappear in a flash," says Mike Havard, vice president of marketing for Newman's Own Inc. "This was certainly the case as we developed our new crop of White, Roasted Vegetable, and Italian Sausage pizzas, and these varieties round out our line nicely. The expansion of the Newman's Own Thin & Crispy Crust frozen pizza line to eight varieties underscores the company's confidence in the product and earnest response to nationwide consumer feedback. The growth also mirrors the company's evolution from a nearly 30-year tradition of helping to make meals to making meals – with pizza."
Suggested retail price for pizzas that range from 12.3-oz to 14.7-oz is $6.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »