Goldfish Bread: The Sandwich Bread That Smiles Back At YouNorwalk, Conn.-based Pepperidge Farm Inc. now makes it possible for parents to surprise and delight their kids with Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Sandwich Bread Soft White, which uses the iconic smiley Pepperidge Farm Goldfish trademark on both its packaging and the goldfish-shaped bread. Surely they will enjoy the sandwiches in their lunch box, summertime picnic baskets, coolers and any snack sandwiches in between more than usual. In fact, it made me smile just to look at this incredibly creative extension of a brand. And although I normally don't comment on whether a product will be a success, this is a winner!
With 120 calories per serving, the crust-free Soft White bread is sure to please even the pickiest sandwich seekers. It contains 3g of fiber per serving, essential vitamins and minerals, is a good source of calcium, and contains no high fructose corn syrup.
Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Sandwich Bread Soft White was introduced during the Consumer Analyst Group of New York annual conference in February by Denise Morrison, executive vice-president and COO (and recently named heir apparent to CEO Douglas Conant) of the Campbell Soup Co., parent of Pepperidge Farm. She promised a "wealth of creative ideas in the pipeline" at Pepperidge, adding, "Goldfish sandwich bread will bring wholesome fun to the bread aisle."
Campbell is committed to "invest to accelerate growth" at Pepperidge, she said, noting a new research and development facility recently was dedicated for the company.
Suggested retail price is $3.49.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ