Key Technology Introduces Auto Valve Check for Tegra SortersFood processors can easily detect potential problems more frequently and with greater accuracy with Key Technology's Auto Valve Check feature for new and installed G6 Tegra sorters.
Auto Valve Check helps assure that Tegra's ejection system is functioning properly, which improves food safety and product quality while reducing demands on labor.
Tegra removes foreign material and product defects from the acceptable product stream using a close-coupled high-speed ejector system, which is made up of a series of air jets spaced 6 mm apart that span the width of the system. To assure proper functionality, the valve on each of up to 256 air jets must be checked periodically because contamination of a valve at the end of its one-year life can cause a full or partial value failure. A valve sticking in the open position causes yield loss as good product is removed and a valve sticking in the closed position can cause FM and defects to not be ejected as desired. The more frequently the valves are checked, the more quickly problems can be resolved.
The Auto Valve Check takes from 10 to 25 minutes to perform the test, depending on the number of valves on the sorter and the performance of the valves. Unlike manual valve checking, an operator need not be present during the Auto Valve Check.
The frequency of valve testing depends on the application – once every two or three weeks may be sufficient for food processors dealing only with product defects and more frequently for processors working to eliminate foreign material from the product stream.
The new Auto Valve Check feature includes hardware and software enhancements that can be installed as an option on any new or in-the-field G6 Tegra sorter.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »