Capsugel Develops Capsules For Acid-Sensitive Products And Taste-MaskingCapsugel has introduced DRcaps capsules, a vegetarian capsule with unique properties that slow down capsule opening after swallowing.
DRcaps capsules are made from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and disintegrate more slowly than conventional gelatin or HPMC capsules, helping protect ingredients in the capsules after swallowing from early activation caused by stomach acid, without adding synthetic chemicals, solvents, or other coating ingredients. In vitro studies show the capsule contents are protected for at least 30 minutes at a gastric pH of 1.2 and release fully at an intestinal pH of 6.8.
DRcaps capsules have the added benefit of helping to minimize the bad taste or aftertaste of some ingredients.
DRcaps capsules can be used with probiotics. The capsules' low moisture level of 4 to 6% in 50% relative humidity compared to gelatin at 12 to 14%, helps keep the probiotics stable in the package before ingestion.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »