Kraft Creates MiO, A Personalized Custom Beverage for Consumers
Consumers love to personalize everything, so why not have the option to personalize their beverages?
To meet consumers where they are, Northfield, Ill.-based Kraft Foods creates MiO (mine in Italian), a completely new category (Kraft's first in more than 15 years). It's a cold beverage enhancer packaged in a cool pod shape that is designed to be completely portable (even on the go).
Targeted to 18-39-year-olds, MiO is available in six sugar-free flavors consumers can customize. Flavors include Berry Pomegranate, Strawberry Watermelon, Fruit Punch, Mango Peach, Sweet Tea and Peach Tea. MiO is sugar-free, caffeine-free, gluten-free and has zero calories per 8-oz serving.
To make MiO, you flip it, tip it and sip it. Flip open the cap, tip and squeeze MiO into water or another liquid. It mixes instantly, so you don't need to stir or shake it. You can use as much or as little as you like for a personalized beverage, and each bottle provides about 24 servings.
"Today, consumers expect to be able to personalize their experiences – from their music playlists and TV line-ups to their smartphone applications," says Liza Laibe, senior brand manager. "Now MiO gives people the power to personalize their beverages. They can add a little or add a lot to make their drink their way – anywhere, anytime. MiO is a game-changing liquid water enhancer. It has no artificial flavors, sugar or caffeine and zero calories per 8-oz serving."
Suggested retail price of a 1.62-oz bottle pod is $3.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »