Tabasco Adds Buffalo Hot Sauce
Consumers, chefs and operators looking for a quick, easy and authentic way to add the popular taste of Buffalo sauce to their menus or dinner tables need look no further. McIlhenny Co., Avery Island, La., adds Tabasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce to its iconic line of pepper sauce flavors.
This hot sauce is not just for hot wings; the cayenne pepper-based sauce adds just the right amount of heat when splashed onto a variety of dishes, including pizza, sandwiches, burgers, BBQ and meats. The thick, balanced sauce incorporates just five all-natural, high-quality ingredients -- red cayenne pepper, salt, water, distilled vinegar and garlic -- to create a classic Buffalo sauce flavor that Americans have come to know and love.
The Tabasco Family of Flavors provides professional chefs with a wide variety of heat levels, called Scoville Heat Units (SHUs). While original Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce ranges from 2,500 to 5,000 SHUs, the new Tabasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce ranges between 300 and 900 SHUs.
"We've been producing pepper sauces for over 140 years, so it's very important that every sauce we add to the Tabasco portfolio lives up to the high-quality standard set by our original red sauce," says Pres./CEO Paul McIlhenny. "So this year, after much development and consumer feedback, we're proud to welcome this Buffalo Style Hot Sauce into our Family of Flavors."
Tabasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce is also available for foodservice providers worldwide.
Suggested retail price for a 5-oz. bottle is $3.99.
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »