Helen's Kitchen Debuts Vegetarian Bowls DebutAlmost half of American consumers spend 30 minutes or less cooking dinner, according to The NPD Group's annual Food For Thought Survey, making convenience the biggest influence and No.1 trend in frozen foods.
And according to Mintel, better-for-you and premium frozen foods are key drivers in the category and expected to show continued growth. In fact, the research company expects the natural/organic frozen category to grow faster than the overall natural/organic market as a whole.
Irvine, Calif.-based Helen's Kitchen, a family-owned brand specializing in organic and vegetarian frozen entrees, introduces a line of frozen, gluten-free, vegetarian Burritos Bowls that are ideal for health-consumers seeking a delicious, nutritious and convenient meal at home, at work or on the go.
Burrito Bowls contain two servings of vegetables, 10g of protein and are a good source of fiber. In addition to being gluten and meat-free, both are also free of GMOs, trans fat, MSG, antibiotics, steroids or genetically modified substances.
Varieties include: Fiesta Black Bean Bowl, made with organic brown rice, spinach and black beans; and Veggie Fajita Bowl, made with organic black beans, corn and Anaheim peppers.
"In my Helen's Kitchen Burrito Bowls, you can enjoy vegetable Spanish rice with protein-packed beans, authentic Mexican spices, and layers of vibrant organic and natural vegetables all topped with melted cheese," says company namesake Helen Moore. "These bowls are perfectly cooked and happily delivered from my kitchen to yours!"
Suggested retail price for a 10-oz package is $4.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »