Food Ingredient Solutions' FISclear Natural Colors Address Stability ConcernFISclear is a line of transparent, stable micro-emulsion colors, extracts and oils made from paprika, beta carotene, carotenal, lycopene, carrot oil, palm carotene and canthaxanthin.
FISclear uses GMO-free emulsifiers to produce emulsions with particle sizes in the 50-100 nm range, providing clarity, stability and shelf life.
The initial FISclear color and extract product line includes astaxanthin, beta-carotene (natural and nature-identical), apo-carotenal, carrot oil, lycopene, palm carotene and paprika micro-emulsions. These colors and extracts provide a wide range of shades from pale to greenish yellow through various peach, orange and pink tones to a rich, deep red. The FISclear colors are ideal for applications such as clear confections as well as beverages.
FIS uses naturally acylated fruit and vegetable sources for anthocyanin colors, such as red cabbage, purple sweet potato, red radish and, to a lesser degree, black carrot, which are considerably more stable than traditional colors from elderberry, grape and hibiscus, according to President Jeff Greaves.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »