Hostess Brands Offers Limited Edition Retro Snacks
Irving, Texas-based Hostess Brands turns back the clock with a limited edition of 1970s inspired packaging for Chocolate CupCakes, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos.
Even more exciting, Hostess Twinkies (with the original Banana Twinkie filling) return to your supermarket. Twinkies were developed by Hostess bakery manager James Dewar (aka Grandpa Twinkie) 81 years ago and were called the "best darn tootin' idea." But the banana filling was changed to vanilla crème during World War II, when bananas were hard to obtain, and was never changed back. Incidentally, 500 million Twinkies are baked each year.
"Hostess set the standard for timeless treats that are loved from generation to generation," says Amy Clark, director of snack marketing. "The ‘old-school cool' packaging and retro recipe celebrate the brand's amazing history and tap into the nostalgia consumers feel with every sweet bite."
As part of the promotion, through June 11, consumers can receive a collectible retro Twinkie the Kid alarm clock by mailing in two UPC codes plus $4.95 shipping & handling.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »