Hostess Brands Offers Limited Edition Retro Snacks
Irving, Texas-based Hostess Brands turns back the clock with a limited edition of 1970s inspired packaging for Chocolate CupCakes, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos.
Even more exciting, Hostess Twinkies (with the original Banana Twinkie filling) return to your supermarket. Twinkies were developed by Hostess bakery manager James Dewar (aka Grandpa Twinkie) 81 years ago and were called the "best darn tootin' idea." But the banana filling was changed to vanilla crème during World War II, when bananas were hard to obtain, and was never changed back. Incidentally, 500 million Twinkies are baked each year.
"Hostess set the standard for timeless treats that are loved from generation to generation," says Amy Clark, director of snack marketing. "The ‘old-school cool' packaging and retro recipe celebrate the brand's amazing history and tap into the nostalgia consumers feel with every sweet bite."
As part of the promotion, through June 11, consumers can receive a collectible retro Twinkie the Kid alarm clock by mailing in two UPC codes plus $4.95 shipping & handling.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »