ConAgra Foods Introduces Pop Up Bowl for Orville Redenbacher Popcorn
Snack-loving Americans have enjoyed the taste and convenience of microwave popcorn for decades, but now Omaha, Neb.-based ConAgra Foods launches the first bag-to-bowl design for Orville Redenbacher's popcorn. Orville Redenbacher's Pop Up Bowl allows for easier family snacking, sharing and clean up. The microwave bag pops open to become a sturdy, stand-up, wide-mouth bowl for instant serving.
Many years in development, the new design marks a breakthrough to the microwave popcorn experience. Other microwave popcorn brands have introduced bowl bags before, but none has successfully provided the experience and functionality consumers expect while still delivering consumers' value expectations, the ConAgra folks say. The Pop Up Bowl cooks on its side and features a transparent top, allowing kids and other snack lovers to watch their popcorn pop and see when it's ready.
As with all Orville Redenbacher popcorn products, Pop Up Bowl popcorn is a good source of fiber and is 100 percent whole grain. Varieties include Butter, Movie Theater Butter and SmartPop! Next month, Kettle Korn and Ultimate Butter flavors will debut.
Recently featured in USA Today, on CBS' "The Early Show" and ABC's "The View" as one of the top new products for 2011, the Pop Up Bowl ad campaign features "magician of the century" and the youngest magician inducted into the Magic Hall of Fame, the mysteriously irresistible Criss Angel.
"Making popcorn is a great way to bring family and friends together," says Jesse Spungin, vice president of marketing for Orville Redenbacher. "With Pop Up Bowl, families can enjoy the warm, delicious taste of popcorn in a stand-up bowl that makes it easy to share and clean up. Plus, research showed that consumers wanted to be able to see their popcorn more easily. The Pop Up Bowl's unique design lets them do that."
Suggested retail price for a three-pack is $2.99 and $4.49 for a six-pack.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »