Teeny Tiny Spices Celebrate Culinary Culture with 12 Blends
Home cooks Thora and Ed Pomicter always had a passion for global cuisine, but were challenged by ethnic recipes that required so many different spices it was nearly impossible to keep their pantry adequately stocked. To resolve this, and help other home cooks add the flavor of various world cuisines to everyday meals with ease, they created Shelburne, Vt.-based Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont.
Teeny Tiny's spice blends (12 spice blends that celebrate the culinary culture of regions around the globe, such as South America, East Africa, Northwest and Southwest India, Montréal, Malaysia, Iran, North Africa and the Mediterranean) are sold in 2.8-oz reusable and recyclable tins, just enough spice for at least four to eight full recipes. To ensure the freshest spices and herbs, Teeny Tiny Spice blends are made in small batches that are freshly ground just before being packaged, and the ingredients are certified organic. The mixtures are offered in mild, medium or hot blends, and the "heat" ratings -- ranging from zero to five -- are indicated on the packaging.
Spice blends include: British Curry; Citrus Pepper; Chocolate Chili; Ethiopian Berberé; Garam Masala; Montréal Seasoning; Penang Curry; Perfection Spice Rub; Persian Adwiya; Ras el Hanout; Shepherd Herb Mix; and Vindaloo.
"We're glad to be solving a problem by offering a product line that allows home cooks to make exotic, flavorful meals in no time and with little work," says Thora.
"The heart and soul of our company comes from these core elements: a commitment to organic, healthy, delicious and exotic cuisine; bringing people together with food; bringing playfulness and joy to your cooking; and simplicity and ease of use." And she adds, "The beauty of our blends is how easy it is to use them in meals that you have already been cooking. You can turn a plain chicken and rice meal into a Persian feast or create a sumptuous Southeast Asian meal in no time -- all with just a pinch, dash, pile or splash of Teeny Tiny Spice."
Suggested retail price of each variety is $9.95.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »