Soup Starters Reflect Consumer Interest in Ethnic Dishes
To help retailers keep pace with the latest cooking trends, Tualatin, Ore.-based Pacific Natural Foods launches Soup Starters, a new soup segment of soup starters and bases.
Varieties include Vietnamese-style USDA organic Beef Soup Starter, Chicken Pho Soup Starter, and Southwest Tortilla Soup Starter will debut this summer. They reflect growing consumer interest in cooking ethnic dishes at home and provide an easy way to customize restaurant favorites and feature new QR Code technology on-package. This smartphone puts recipes, cooking demos and easy-to-access shopping lists at consumers' fingertips.
"Consumers are looking for healthy and convenient ways to put fresh, homemade dinners on the table. Although most people don't have eight hours to make a traditional Pho base, they still want to enjoy the complex flavors of labor-intensive soups at home," says Tim Ramsey, vice president of sales and marketing for Pacific Natural Foods. "Our new soup starters capitalize on the current do-it-yourself trend that we're seeing with so many everyday chefs. By providing a delicately-seasoned, slow cooked base they'll have limitless opportunities to prepare globally inspired meals with their own signature fresh ingredients."
Suggested retail price is $3.49-$3.69.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »