Soup Starters Reflect Consumer Interest in Ethnic Dishes
To help retailers keep pace with the latest cooking trends, Tualatin, Ore.-based Pacific Natural Foods launches Soup Starters, a new soup segment of soup starters and bases.
Varieties include Vietnamese-style USDA organic Beef Soup Starter, Chicken Pho Soup Starter, and Southwest Tortilla Soup Starter will debut this summer. They reflect growing consumer interest in cooking ethnic dishes at home and provide an easy way to customize restaurant favorites and feature new QR Code technology on-package. This smartphone puts recipes, cooking demos and easy-to-access shopping lists at consumers' fingertips.
"Consumers are looking for healthy and convenient ways to put fresh, homemade dinners on the table. Although most people don't have eight hours to make a traditional Pho base, they still want to enjoy the complex flavors of labor-intensive soups at home," says Tim Ramsey, vice president of sales and marketing for Pacific Natural Foods. "Our new soup starters capitalize on the current do-it-yourself trend that we're seeing with so many everyday chefs. By providing a delicately-seasoned, slow cooked base they'll have limitless opportunities to prepare globally inspired meals with their own signature fresh ingredients."
Suggested retail price is $3.49-$3.69.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »