Reser's Introduces Improved Protein Deli SaladsBeaverton Ore. –based Reser's rolls out improved formulations of its four national best-selling Reser's American Classics line of protein-based deli salads, which has grown three times faster than the category rate since its introduction in 2009, according to Nielsen ScanTrack. Improvements, based on consumer feedback, include increasing the protein content by 30-50 percent, simplifying the number of ingredients, and improving the overall ingredient quality, taking them to the next level.
Varieties include: Reser's All White Meat Chicken Salad with more shredded breast meat; Reser's Tuna Salad now has a higher-quality cold water tuna species that's also dolphin-safe; Reser's Seafood Salad features a hefty increase in krab, the signature ingredient in premium recipes found in the service deli case; and Reser's Ham Salad now has a light smoky flavor while delivering a much higher ham and protein content and lower sodium.
"As the nation's premier deli salad, we constantly strive to improve consumers' product experience," says Teresa Carter, Reser's category manager. "Better recipes and improved merchandising will grow trial, repeat purchase, and our customers' bottom lines. While many salad companies are looking for ways to cut ingredients due to rising costs, we are managing for long-term growth for Reser's and our retail customers."
Suggested retail price for 12-oz containers of all four flavors is $4.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »