Arctic Zero Uses Whey Protein To Make 85-Calorie Ice Cream Bar Healthy for ConsumersTemecula, Calif.-based Arctic Zero rolls out Arctic Zero Ice Cream Bar, the first chocolate-dipped ice cream bar that weighs in at 85 calories. Available in four flavors -- Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Orange Cream, Arctic Zero, was known until recently as a Southern California (SoCal) regional phenomenon and maker of 150 calorie pints of all-natural ice cream available in 40 states through Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway and other retailers.
Gluten free, lactose intolerant friendly, low sugar, low glycemic and suitable for Type 2 diabetics, the bars have 70 percent fewer calories, fat and sugar than other premium bars. Even better, they're made with all natural ingredients everyone can pronounce. Additionally, they are loaded with protein as the unique blend of whey protein. Monk fruit sweetener makes this a treat that even those with dietary restrictions can enjoy.
Greg Holtman, the company's food technologist, says that the product's high quality whey protein was key to making its nutritionals work as a low glycemic option suitable for Type 2 diabetics. Both Holtman's mother and sister are diabetic, spurring his quest to conquer the 100-calorie "sound barrier"for chocolate-dipped ice cream bars as well as the 150-calorie mark for whole pints of the company's signature product.
"A number of school districts are looking at an uncoated version of our ice cream bars, which total only 30 calories each,"adds Holtman, who says the fat free, gluten free, all-natural product is suitable for lactose-intolerant people and is perfect for today's school environment.
Suggested retail price for a 4-pack (two flavors each -- Chocolate and Vanilla or Strawberry and Orange Cream) is $4.49 to $4.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »