Consumers Can Now Bite Into Twilight Bella's Favorite Dish
Italian eatery Bella Italia, Port Angeles, Wash., makes its most famous meal — Bella's Mushroom Ravioli — available as a frozen entrée nationally. The restaurant, along with its signature dish, shot to fame in 2005 when it was featured as the first date setting for author Stephenie Meyers' love-struck vampires, Bella and Edward. Since then, guests have flocked to the restaurant from around the globe to dine on the ravioli. Now anyone will be able to enjoy an authentic bite at home.
Vampires aside, Bella's Mushroom Ravioli is made from fresh, all natural ingredients, and the 20-oz. entrée features mushroom ravioli in a creamy besciamella sauce with mushrooms. It is perfect as a hearty serving for one or to be shared. The sleek packaging design embraces the look and feel of the restaurant – comforting hues of red and evergreen, with a bit of Italian flair. Each entrée is available in plastic microwavable containers. Additional frozen entrées will be offered soon showcasing Italian fare inspired by Pacific Northwest ingredients and cuisine. A portion of all Bella's Mushroom Ravioli proceeds will benefit the Quileute Tribal School and Forks High School.
"When Stephenie Meyers was working on her first book, she called our restaurant to ask about menu items, and we were running mushroom ravioli as our special," recalls Neil Conklin, owner of Bella Italia. "That dish made it into the book, as Bella orders it on their first date. Ever since then, we've had travelers from all over the world. We've served more than 10,000 of these iconic pasta plates in the restaurant, and I wanted to make it available to everyone."
Suggested retail price is $10.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »