Betty Crocker Fun da-Middles Put a Twist on Traditional Cupcakes
Cupcakes are expected to be the fastest growing part of the baked goods industry for the next couple of years, according to Mintel Group Ltd. Minneapolis-based General Mills has devised a little twist on the cupcake sure to appeal to moms and kids – the frosting is inside rather than outside.
Betty Crocker Fun da-Middles is the first boxed cupcake mix of its kind with a specially designed creamy filling that bakes in the middle of the cupcake. Since you no longer need to frost the top of the cupcake, it is an ideal mess-free treat to pack in school (or work) lunches. Just add eggs, water and oil to the batter, fill each cupcake liner approximately one-third of the way with batter and set aside the remaining batter. Squeeze a small amount of filling in the center of each cupcake, top with more batter and bake. Each box contains cupcake mix and filling for 12 regular cupcakes or 24 mini-cupcakes.
Kid favorite varieties include: Vanilla Cake with Creamy Chocolate Filling, Chocolate Cake with Creamy Vanilla Filling and Vanilla Cake with Creamy Vanilla Filling. (Moms would love a chocolate cake with chocolate filling – hint, hint).
"The convenience of a home-baked ‘out of the oven and done' cupcake is what moms will love about Fun da-middles," said Liza Dopp, marketing manager for Fun da-middles. "With the filling in the middle, they are portable and less messy, allowing kids to take the fun with them wherever they go."
Suggested retail price is $3.29.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »