Bob's Red Mill Adds Three New Varieties To Pearl Couscous Product LinePortland, Ore. –based Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods adds three new varieties of Pearl Couscous, also known as Israeli Couscous, to its distinguished line of more than 400 natural and organic whole grain products. Couscous is a staple in countries such as Israel, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Western Libya. A nutritious alternative to pasta and rice, couscous pearls are small beads of either toasted semolina flour or whole-wheat flour.
Varieties include: Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous -- A robust, whole grain couscous featuring small beads of toasted whole wheat flour; Pearl Couscous -- A natural couscous featuring small beads of toasted semolina flour; and Tricolor Pearl Couscous (red, green and white pearls) -- An eye-catching, flavorful combination of small beads of toasted semolina flour -- some flavored with spinach and tomato and some naturally unflavored.
All three varieties feature a unique nutty flavor that pairs well with a variety of sauces, meats and fish. They are also easy to prepare -- main dishes, sides and salads can be cooked in just minutes.
"Our new Pearl Couscous products contain a hearty dose of at least 6g of protein per serving," says Bob Moore, founder of employee-owned Bob's Red Mill. "We use only of the highest quality all-natural semolina and whole wheat flour, and we're excited to offer these products to our health-conscious consumers."
Suggested retail price for a 16-oz bag is $3.99.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »