Campbell Chefs Debut Slow Kettle-Style Soups
Campbell Soup Co., Camden, N.J., enters the premium soup category with a line of five Campbell's Slow Kettle-Style soups.Campbell chefs combined distinctive ingredients like asiago cheese, baby bella mushrooms and white beans and slowly simmered them to create Slow Kettle-Style soups to be "better than homemade."
Throughout a multi-year development process, Campbell chefs were provided with the opportunity to create exciting flavor combinations that deliver on the brand's promise that each soup has been "made with patience, not preservatives."
Varieties include: Tuscan-Style Chicken and White Bean Soup with asiago cheese, thyme and rosemary; Tomato and Sweet Basil Bisque with cream and ground red pepper; Burgundy Beef Stew with baby bella mushrooms, roasted garlic and rosemary; Portobello Mushroom and Madeira Bisque with shallots, thyme and sage; and Southwest-Style Chicken Chili with black beans and sweet corn.
"Although many brands have enjoyed success by offering premium products in categories like pasta and bread, the soup category has been slow to respond," says Ed Carolan, vice president and general manager of soup and simple meals. "We believe the time is right to introduce a premium line of soups that addresses this opportunity.
As people continue to become more interested in gourmet foods, they are seeking out products that offer an everyday premium experience. We anticipate the new Slow Kettle Style soups will provide the quality they are seeking."
Campbell's Slow Kettle Style soups are packaged in a clear plastic tub, which allows consumers to see the ingredients, and are designed to appeal to higher-income shoppers who enjoy products with a more premium experience.
Suggested retail price per 15.5-oz. container is $3.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »