Campbell Soup Debuts Wolfgang Puck Italian Sauces
Campbell Soup Co., Camden, N.J., introduces four Wolfgang Puck Italian sauces,inspired by the chef's love of Italian cuisine and based upon sauces served at his popular restaurants.
Each was developed using many of the same ingredients that Chef Puck uses in his restaurants, including distinctive blends of herbs and spices and fine cheeses. The result is four sauces that bring Chef Puck's restaurant-quality flavors home to make an everyday dinner extraordinary.
"Great Italian food is all about great ingredients. It doesn't have to be complicated - just delicious," says Puck. "My sauces are equally flavorful in a simple pasta dish or as an ingredient in a gourmet recipe."
Varieties include: Arrabbiata (spicy marinara and roasted red peppers for a distinctive sauce with kick), Creamy Vodka (a combination of tomatoes and fresh cream, finished with a splash of vodka), Four Cheese (Parmigiano, ricotta and Asiago cheeses combined with tomatoes, garlic and cracked black pepper, then finished off with Mascarpone cheese for a sweet and unexpected creaminess) and Tomato Basil (a blend of tomatoes, garlic and sweet basil).
"Partnering with Chef Puck has enabled us to offer an exciting lineup of sauces, which deliver gourmet quality and taste people associate with the Wolfgang Puck experience, at a value that we know many consumers are looking for," says Michael Barkley, Campbell's VP-Cooking,.
Suggested retail price for a 16-oz. jar is $2.79.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »