Cargill Introduces Griddle Bakes Breakfast And Snack OptionsMinneapolis-based Cargill launches Griddle Bakes cakes, an innovative and new breakfast and snack food designed for the unique challenges of today's school nutrition marketplace.
Made by Cargill Kitchen Solutions under the Sunny Fresh brand of premium breakfast products, Griddle Bakes pre-cooked quick bread breakfast or snack cakes have excellent nutritional value, delivering 6g of protein, a full serving of whole grain and zero trans-fats, while using no preservatives. Griddle Bakes cakes use a unique (patent pending) process to incorporate a significant amount of egg into the batter. This process, developed in conjunction with the Cargill Bake Lab, results in a moist and light cake. The product also was formulated without preservatives, in response to increasing market preferences to reduce preservatives when at all possible.
Flavored with a combination of vanilla, cinnamon and caramel, frozen Griddle Bakes can be served warm, or at room temperature. They are individually wrapped and can be warmed in their wrapper in oven or microwave to serve the varying needs of customers.
Griddle Bakes cakes are high in protein when compared to pancakes and other similar items, and are a nutritious part of a balanced diet addressing concerns relating to salt, fat and sugar intake.
"Griddle Bakes products not only meets the nutritional standards for the national school menu initiatives, but they also offer a unique and light taste that I know will make them a popular breakfast or snack food,"says Mary Thompson, president, Cargill Kitchen Solutions.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »