Double Planetary Mixers Help Prevent Climb, Improve Efficiency
Charles Ross and Son's double planetary mixers have helical blades that prevent climbing issues experienced with traditional rectangular stirrers.
High viscosity blades offered on Ross Double Planetary Mixers feature an angled helical contour which generates a vertical mixing action. The sweeping curve of the mixers pushes the batch ingredients forward and downward, keeping it within the mixing zone at all times.
Other clean design features include:
- Highly polished stainless steel 316 wetted parts
- Labyrinth style gearbox sealing arrangement
- Double lip seals on each stirrer shaft
- Dust shield
- Flush mounted discharge valve
- Platen-style discharge system.
Standard sizes start from ½ pint through 750 gallons. Units are available for no-charge mixing trials at the Ross Test & Development Center. Trial/Rental units are also in stock.