Chr. Hansen introduces new probiotic, L. Casei 431 JuiceChr. Hansen recently introduced L. Casei 431 Juice, a probiotic developed to survive in low pH environments such as chilled juice and juice drinks.
L. Casei 431 Juice contains Lactobacillus paracasei 431. This probiotic strain has scientific documentation as well as a history of use in yogurt and dietary supplement products. According to the company, L. Casei 431 Juice has no side effects in the beverage such as unpleasant off-flavor or gas formation.
To tackle traditional production risks associated with adding live probiotic bacteria to juice after pasteurization Chr. Hansen teamed up with Swedish processing and food safety expert Tetra Pak. Together Tetra Pak and Chr. Hansen has developed a unique inoculation system which guarantees safe production of probiotic juice.
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- PureCircle unveils high-purity Reb D
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »