Earthbound Farm Rolls Out Organic Mixed Baby KalesSan Juan Bautista, Calif.–based Earthbound Farm introduces Organic Mixed Baby Kales, capitalizing on the popularity of kale, and propelled by its tremendous nutrient content. Kale is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as fiber, folate, iron and magnesium. Despite kale's rising popularity, many consumers remain intimidated by mature bunched kale: it must be washed, de-stemmed, chopped and very likely par cooked before use in a recipe.
Earthbound Farm's Organic Mixed Baby Kales brings convenience and accessibility to nutritional superstar kale by completely eliminating the need for preparing the greens. Pre-washed and ready to use, the leaves are tender enough to add directly to salads or to a quick stir-fry, as they require less cooking time than mature kale. Mixed Baby Kales are triple-washed and food safety tested twice before being packed in 100 percent post-consumer recycled (PCR) clamshells.
One single cup of cooked kale delivers more than 1,300 percent of the DV of vitamin K and 89 percent of the DV of calcium. The Aggregate Nutrition Density Index (ANDI), a food score created by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. (and described in his 2008 Eat Right America Food Scoring Guide) is based on an equation for the health of a food equaling the nutrients it provides per calorie. Kale is at the top of the list scoring 1,000 out of 1,000 points. The USDA estimates that less than five percent of Americans get their minimum daily nutrition, so integrating Earthbound Farm's nutrient-rich kale into one's diet could not be any easier.
"Consumer interest in kale's health and culinary benefits has certainly been piqued, and we see it as a long-term trend,"says Judy Chen, CMO. "As Earthbound has done with other organic products, we're making a great item even more accessible – easier to prepare and enjoy.”
Suggested retail price is $3.99 per 5-oz clamshell.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »