Frito-Lay Fiery Fusion Offers Zesty Kick
Consumers are increasingly looking for exotic, complex flavors that deliver great taste and a zesty kick. PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay North America division, Plano, Texas, is taking spicy snacking to the next level with the introduction of new Doritos and Cheetos Fiery Fusion snacks, now available in convenience stores across the U.S. Fiery Fusion snacks are the latest evolution in Frito-Lay’s spicy snack portfolio, offering a unique combination of heat and flavor designed to reflect consumers’ changing taste preferences.
Doritos and Cheetos Fiery Fusion snacks offer a one-of-a-kind flavor combination unlike other spicy snacks currently available in the marketplace. They start with a blend of cheese, herbs and spices, followed by a slow-burning heat derived from a combination of cayenne pepper, vinegar and paprika. The result is a fusion of heat and flavor that delivers a stimulating new taste experience on two of Frito-Lay’s most popular brands.
“Now more than ever, Doritos and Cheetos brand lovers are asking for really intense flavor experiences and spicy snacks that can offer more than just pure heat,” says Tony Matta, vice president of marketing at Frito-Lay. “New Fiery Fusion snacks deliver both – a truly unique flavor built around a delicious fusion of different herbs, spices and cheese, followed by a tremendous surge of heat that sneaks up on you at just the right moment.”
Cheetos Fiery Fusion snacks are available in 3.75-oz. bags and Doritos Fiery Fusion snacks are available in 3.375-oz. bags, both for a suggested retail price of $1.49.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »