Glee Gum Sweetened With 100% Xylitol From American BirchProvidence, R.I.-based Verve inc., expands its line of Glee Gum with two Sugar Free Glee new varieties: Lemon-Lime and Refresh-Mint.
In response to growing consumer concern over artificial sweeteners, Sugar-Free Glee Gum is the only gum in the U.S. sweetened naturally with 100% xylitol extracted from American birch trees. The xylitol is extracted using a wood-based integration process for 84 to 99 percent less impact on the environment than conventional methods of xylitol production. A safe choice for diabetics and others on restricted diets, just 6g of xylitol a day (four servings of Sugar-Free Glee Gum) can help to fight cavities, reduce plaque, and even clear nasal passages.
Sugar-Free Glee is all-natural and made without artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners or preservatives. The chewy texture comes from chicle, a tree sap harvested sustainably to help conserve the rainforest. It is also gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, and GMO-free. Packaged in recycled cardboard rather than blister packs, each box contains 15 pieces of gum.
"In developing the formula for Sugar-Free Glee Gum, we searched high and low for an alternative sweetener that would be safe, healthy and eco-friendly," says Deborah Schimberg, president and founder of Verve, inc. "Xylitol fits the bill and then some. It's a low calorie, naturally occurring sugar alcohol with proven benefits for dental health. Plus, it tastes great!"
Suggested retail price is $1.09.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »