Glee Gum Sweetened With 100% Xylitol From American BirchProvidence, R.I.-based Verve inc., expands its line of Glee Gum with two Sugar Free Glee new varieties: Lemon-Lime and Refresh-Mint.
In response to growing consumer concern over artificial sweeteners, Sugar-Free Glee Gum is the only gum in the U.S. sweetened naturally with 100% xylitol extracted from American birch trees. The xylitol is extracted using a wood-based integration process for 84 to 99 percent less impact on the environment than conventional methods of xylitol production. A safe choice for diabetics and others on restricted diets, just 6g of xylitol a day (four servings of Sugar-Free Glee Gum) can help to fight cavities, reduce plaque, and even clear nasal passages.
Sugar-Free Glee is all-natural and made without artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners or preservatives. The chewy texture comes from chicle, a tree sap harvested sustainably to help conserve the rainforest. It is also gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, and GMO-free. Packaged in recycled cardboard rather than blister packs, each box contains 15 pieces of gum.
"In developing the formula for Sugar-Free Glee Gum, we searched high and low for an alternative sweetener that would be safe, healthy and eco-friendly," says Deborah Schimberg, president and founder of Verve, inc. "Xylitol fits the bill and then some. It's a low calorie, naturally occurring sugar alcohol with proven benefits for dental health. Plus, it tastes great!"
Suggested retail price is $1.09.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »