Jolly Green Giant Combines Pasta And Veggies
Minneapolis-based General Mills, adds two pasta varieties to its Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen lineup, which uses steam-in-bag technology.
Valley Fresh Steamers Vegetables with Pasta are made with 100 percent natural ingredients and preparation time is less than seven minutes, making for a convenient, family-friendly meal. Made with creamy sauces and freshly steamed vegetables, these steam-in-the-bag sides help make serving dinner to your family a whole lot easier. There are no messy pans to clean up, making preparation super convenient for mom. Perhaps best of all, they add veggies to the family's favorite pasta dishes.
Each package contains 2 ¼ cups (244g) — one to two servings. Varieties include Macaroni and Cheese Sauce with Broccoli (classic elbow pasta and broccoli in a cheese sauce) and Pasta and Vegetables with Alfredo Sauce (corkscrew pasta with carrots and broccoli in an Alfredo sauce).
"The new Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Vegetables with Pasta help make vegetables, a necessary addition to every dinner plate, convenient and tasty," says Yumi Clevenger-Lee, marketing manager for Green Giant. "We were excited to implement feedback we received from our consumers. When we asked what they would like added to our delicious Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixes, without hesitation they replied 'pasta.' "
Suggested retail price is $2.39.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »